Meeting Spaces, Vehicles and Boats
Self-service reservation system
Only Stanford-affiliated faculty, students and staff are authorized to reserve vehicles, boats, meeting spaces or rooms. All use must be university-related.
HMS Room and Event Spaces
***UPDATED 8.1.23: Please book rooms directly from *your own* Outlook Calendar by searching for the room in the “Location” field of the created event. Shared calendar no longer in use to prevent double-bookings.
**Each room has its own unique calendar; to view each room's full availability and add its calendar to your list in Outlook**
- Go to People’s Calendars
- Click the three dots on the right
- Choose add shared calendar
- Search for [the room/location you would like from the list below]
- Select and click open to view availability.
- Hopkins Marine Agassiz 10
- Hopkins Marine Agassiz 11
- Hopkins Marine Agassiz 12
- Hopkins Marine Agassiz 15
- Hopkins Marine Agassiz 16
- Hopkins Marine Fisher Classroom
- Hopkins Marine Fisher Overnight Room (room access instructions) - please include check in and check out times on reservation
- Hopkins Marine Monterey Boatworks Isabella Abbott Lecture Hall
- Miller Library 06 Conference Room
*Please note*: We are not a conference facility and cannot host individual or group retreats, classes or tours on an ad hoc basis. University-related requests for the aforementioned are granted on a limited, case-by-case basis, via special permission from the Oceans Department.
Fisher Overnight Room: Use of the Fisher Room must have a specific research or Stanford-business purpose, and a Hopkins, Biology or Oceans Department point of contact. Reservations are limited per person to 7 consecutive nights/7 nights per month. You must provide your own bedding (sleeping bag, pillows, sheets, etc.) and leave the room as you found it. There is a dorm fridge and microwave for personal use. Instructions on how to access the room can be found here. Please indicate check-in and check-out times on your reservation.
Updated Oceans Car Policy, Effective April 3, 2023
In order to drive Oceans vehicles, you must submit the Driver Authorization Form, which provides proof of CA license and permission to Stanford to pull driving record from DMV, and signed Driver’s Agreement to Stephanie Lettieri: email@example.com. If needed, hard copies are available in the Boatworks front office at Hopkins.
HMS Vehicle and Boat Calendar
Station cars are for round-trip use from Hopkins to main campus; they are not for one-way use. The station has five vehicles:
- Two Hyundai IONIQ5 electric cars (EV 44 and EV 45)
- Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Ford F250
- Chevy F250
At this time, case-by-case permission regarding to overnight use will be considered. See policy above for instructions
Parking on main campus
- University or department-owned vehicles with the University Seal on the side of the vehicle may park in “A,” “C,” “Service/University Vehicle,” metered, and “Visitor Pay Parking” spaces without a permit.
Stanford students, faculty and staff intending to use boats for research or teaching at Hopkins Marine Station are eligible to join the Scientific Boating Program. Before reserving boats and tow vehicles, please make sure you have filed a detailed Scientific Boating Project Proposal or Renewal and have been authorized to use a vessel. Remember to file a float plan for each day's operations, and to close it out daily. For more information please contact Freya, Boating and Diving Safety Officer (BSO) for Hopkins.
Note: Hopkins boats must not be kept off-site or unavailable to other users for more than 2 weeks at a time, except by agreement between all users. Trailering Hopkins boats to launch sites other than Monterey, Moss Landing and Santa Cruz must have approval from the Hopkins Boating Safety Committee in addition to meeting the off-site time limit.
International trips of any duration will be evaluated on a case-by-case base.